[Wine] Re: RFD: create new list and forum 'wine-newbies'

AlanJ wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Mar 24 11:44:53 CDT 2008

Mark Knecht wrote:
> I wonder if there is a gentle way to get newbies to go find demo
> versions themselves that we can download and try out ourselves,
> understanding there are fewer things that we can do if there aren't
> demo versions of the program available.

I think certainly if demos exist they should be included on the AppDB pages but would it also be worth adding a section on the AppDB page that listed some native alternatives that did the same job, I mean for most word processing do people really need to use Word or do they just need an application that can read/write Word files if necessary?