[Wine] Re: Alexandre says "let the newbies run as root"

Timeout wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Mar 24 12:06:30 CDT 2008

If you don't have yet understood what I had been saying for two days, forget it, you won't.

Now the bank holiday is over, tomorrow I will have too much work to bother about it.

I am removing this string to be able to run it as user.
Someday I will reinstall it but what I am doing is solely my problem. Instead of blocking things you should take care of no auto updates or faking an offline mode if required. This will be more of effect than blocking everything as a protection against viruses.
The .NET is switching permissions as it needs anyway.