[Wine] Re: How should I educate myself in order to code for WineHQ?

jingo811 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Mar 24 18:19:44 CDT 2008

Sorry to disturb again just ignore everything I said above.  New question.
I just wanna be clear on what the goals are before spending the next 10 years reading and learning C + Wine.
As a total newbie should I do things in this procedural order?

1.) K & R book.
Read "The C Programming Language" and do all the excercises.

2.) Read the Win API tutorial.
http://winprog.org/tutorial/start.html

3.) Wine Developer's Guide
Read and fully understand this 14 chapter guide before going to the next step?
http://winehq.org/site/docs/winedev-guide/index

4.) Subscribe to <wine-patches at winehq.org>
Subscribe to this and read it until I understand everything that has been said in there?  Then I do the same with this "git history" thing and do not move on to the next step until I fully comprehend these 2 things?

> Read wine-patches and the git history - to see what patches are being committed and which are not. Read wine-devel too see why. /vitamin

5.) Is it time to code now? (Janitorial)
After knowing and understanding absolutely everything or at least 60% of what's written above.  Am I as a total newbie ready to code for WinHQ yet?  By doing the simplest of tasks is Janitorial the simplest job around here?
http://wiki.winehq.org/JanitorialProjects

You see I'm having trouble filtering out all the unnecessary links and infos you have presented on the WineHQ website.  It's like climbing a mountain blindfolded without previous training in climbing.  I'm like a really young 486 computer if you don't give me clear goals then I'm just gonna waste time doing everything and never get anywhere  :(