[Wine] Re: Ability to ban ML people

jnewman wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Mar 24 22:17:01 CDT 2008

Paul Johnson wrote:
> Let's make sure the From: line problem and the quoting problem is also fixed while we're at it, please.

My understanding is the generic email used by forums cannot easily be fixed. Mailman expect the email used to be a subscriber in order to post. The forum posts to mailman using a generic email to get by this limitation. One way around this would to make some kind of mechanism that subscribes each forum poster to mailman. This is a can of worms that is not worth the effort IMO.

The quoting thing I will check into. I imagine it might already be fixed in the mail2forum tip, as I'm sure other boards have run into the same issue.