[Wine] Re: Running an .NET 1.1 Program

Timeout wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 25 07:21:16 CDT 2008

Which distribution are you using?

I know that there is now an automated script for installing .NET 1 because it's not working out of the box yet since some functions are not implemented and you seem to have reached the point where the workaround are needed.

In any case, you should not forget to use "exit" after having used "su"
sudo is working for a command.
su is having the same effect as sudo (or I think so) but if you don't type "exit" it would be the same as if you were typing sudo on each command.

Where are you placing the .exe file where you are launching the setup (could not load L"Y:\\Desktop\\Setup\\SD.SETUP.msi)? I know of a case where the setup doesn't like you starting the installation from a file outside the prefix because it gets lost when trying to search for temporary installation files added to the same directory of your setup exe.