[Wine] Running an .NET 1.1 Program

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 10:52:10 CDT 2008

On 25/03/2008, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:

> And I must add that .net is simply not supported yet on Wine.
>  Please don't try heroic efforts to get it working until the
>  wine developers give the all-clear.
>  All the messages about .net problems are cluttering up
>  wine-users, please make it stop :-)

It's annoying (from a Wine user's point of view) that .NET is actually
quite popular with developers. Microsoft .NET doesn't work properly
with Wine as yet, and certainly not for 1.0, but it's something that
needs to be gotten working better for Wine to continue to be
compatible.

(When 1.0 is released, you'll need big banners all over it: "Does not
support .NET! Mono 1.9 *might* work, no promises!")

Mono for Windows in Wine is getting there, 1.9 works better than 1.2
and "winetricks mono12" will fetch 1.9. Nothing is guaranteed, but
it's worth a try.

- d.