[Wine] Ati Low Perfomance

Clemens Eisserer linuxhippy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 12:35:45 CDT 2008

> Who told you that? Show the complete cap list so we can compare that
> with nVidia's one. If you talking about glxgears as being a supper duper 3D
> app that tests all OpenGL functionality - not true. If you talking about some
> simplistic OpenGL app, like copmiz - same thing. They DO NOT use more
> then 1% of the OpenGL features. No sophisticated shaders, no float point
> texture formats, etc etc etc.

If you can run apps like Doom3/Quake4/Flightgear/X-Plane with
nvidia-like performance and without rendering artifacts ... at least
to me this shows that their OpenGL implementation is quite powerful.
(their 2D "accaleration" however completly sucks!),
Furthermore do you think WoW uses floating point texture formats ;)

lg Clemens