[Wine] Wine problem with GL and directx 9.0

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 16:13:54 CDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 1:14 PM, lupos <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> ****This is an edited version of a previous post****
>

>  I've got wine 0.9.57 and installed directx 9.0 but it seems doesnt work.
>  I've installed new ati drivers, new audio drivers.
>  I've got Ati X1600 mobility with 256MB RAM, 1GB RAM, Core 2 Duo T5600.
>  When I try to play at Assassin's Creed i got an error:
>

>  Code:
>  fixme:d3d_shader:shader_glsl_load_constantsI >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_OPERATION (0x502) from glUniform4ivARB @ glsl_shader.c / 279
>

>  there is no video at all.
>  My linux Distro is: SLAX.
>  thx for help.

This seems to be a very common error message across a lot of games,
not just yours. Some people suggest they've gotten other games working
better by editing OpenGL settings. (I guess that's what they are
editing...) The game has a couple of entries in the AppDB:

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=11069
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=11069&iTestingId=21674

It seems to me *most* folks are saying the game isn't playable yet. In
a related thread Codeweavers has a demo available for Crossover Games.
I looked at their compatibility list and Assissin's Creed is not
listed but maybe it would be worth a try downloading their product and
seeing how it does?

http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxgames/

I've not tried it myself yet.

- Mark