[Wine] Re: Microsoft Office 2007 and Wine only

christoff wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Mar 26 12:45:28 CDT 2008

dimesio wrote:
> I'm running OpenSuse 10.3 and Wine 0.9.58 (installed through Yast).

Running the Same!  openSUSE is the best OS.  anyways back to the issue at hand.

In order for MS OFFICE12 to install you need a minimum of 3 things:
dotnet 1.1
msxml3
Windows Installer 2.0
All Microsoft FontsThe easiest way to do this is start with a clean Wine prefix.  Delete your old ~/.wine directory or rename it to something else for the time being.

I use winetricks (http://www.kegel.com/wine/winetricks) which was invented by Dan Kegel.  A very good script which simplifies Wine life.  Thanks Dan.

The following things will be done from the Terminal:
> wget http://www.kegel.com/wine/winetricks
> chmod a+x winetricks
> sudo mv winetricks /usr/local/binNow run winetricks
> winetricksA menu will pop up and select the following packages to install:
dotnet11
msxml3
msi2
allfontsThen you can run "wine setup.exe" and it will end up where I was above; but I had way more dll overrides on mine because although these are the minimum things to get the installer going, I would conjecture that there are more dlls needed to make this program take flight.

Now as to just copying OFFICE12 from an XP system being another method... I am still trying to iron that one out.  There are a lot of registry values to play with.

enjoy