[Wine] Re: Sympa vs Mailman/phpbb/mail2forum

jwhite wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Mar 26 15:56:52 CDT 2008

Paul Johnson wrote:

> It wouldn't surprise me if they've disabled archiving to prevent spammers from
> abusing their demo server.

No, it just took a while.

So I don't like forums, and don't feel qualified to judge whether or
not this is better.  So I'd appreciate it folks that *like* forums could
give this a look and see what they think:
  http://demo.sympa.org/sympa/info/wine-test

I'm afraid that, imho, the bar for replacing phpbb needs to be set high.
All of the extra traffic is clear evidence to me that phpbb has accomplished
the primary goal - enabling a greater range of users to connect.
(And yes, I'm all too aware that some folks think that it's had some
bad side effects, but still imho, these are all just healthy growing pains...)

Cheers,

Jeremy