[Wine] WOW "fixes"

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 18:59:13 CDT 2008

On 26/03/2008, Jim <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> I personally think the HowTo sections and such should be more like a Wiki and be updated by all.   These sections often go out of date and become incorrect.

Yes. This avoids (b) the danger of a moderator as bottleneck (a) the
unhelpful AppDB interface. I'm reasonably technically able and I
frequently can't make sense of the patchwork quilt of alternating
"gold" and "garbage" with how-to tips randomly hidden behind them.

>  If time and resources permit I think it would be great to have these kinks worked out by 1.0 time--at least to what extent they can be.

Start a parallel replacement for AppDB, with a view to replacing it.

- d.