[Wine] Bryce 5.5 once ran, before update.

Zachary Goldberg zgs at seas.upenn.edu
Wed Mar 26 22:54:33 CDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 11:51 PM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 8:46 PM, dirkmitt <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>  > I'm embarrassed to admit, that I don't recall which WINE
>  > version that was, which broke Bryce 5.5 .
>  >
>  >  I'm really sorry for that. {:-(}
>
>  No problem - you can find out now!  Just grab an old version
>  from http://www.winehq.org/site/download and try it.
>
>  Or guess from the date of the screenshot.  You can see
>  the release dates here:
>  http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-announce/

In addition, if you can find an old version in which it works you can
do something called "regression testing".  If you have (quiet a few)
minutes you can follow the guide here:

http://wiki.winehq.org/RegressionTesting

which will help Wine developers determine exactly whats broken and get
a quick fix.

--
Zachary Goldberg
Computer Science & Engineering