[Wine] Re: Bryce 5.5 once ran, before update.

dirkmitt wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Mar 26 23:37:06 CDT 2008

I have to admit, (1) that I don't do a dist-upgrade very often, which would keep my WINE version actual as well. But I did a d-u on January 1, 2008, that nearly broke my whole Linux Box. Rest assured, I was able to finish a broken-off d-u. And after that d-u, Bryce 5.5 ran under WINE. The most recent version was 0.9.52 at that time.

But later, my very next upgrade of specifically WINE was to version 0.9.57 .  This version no longer allowed Bryce 5.5 to run properly.

Thus it could have been any one of 5 versions.

But, (2) I'm not really willing to reinstall WINE a number of times. I just hope that knowing within 5 versions might help the actual developers.

Dirk