[Wine] Bryce 5.5 once ran, before update.

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 09:52:21 CDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 9:37 PM, dirkmitt <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
<SNIP>

>  But, (2) I'm not really willing to reinstall WINE a number of times. I just hope that knowing within 5 versions might help the actual developers.
>
>  Dirk

No, that probably won't get you anywhere because it's here-say. for a
developer to fix anything they will need some data. the problem is
multi-fold:

1) A user like you or me sees a program break. (Independent of whether
it ever worked...)
2) We have to communicate enough information for someone to do some work.
3) The best answer in your case is two things:
 a) A statement that it worked with this revision and failed with this
one, 1 revision apart
 b) Some backtrace data that shows the failure happening. this
identifies the offending code

Since having the application is a requirement to get this whole
process started there are two options:
 a) The user does the regression testing
 b) The user find a demo and then convinces someone nice to do this
work for the user.

Option a) gets the best results and gets them the fastest. It's up to you.

- Mark