[Wine] Re: Gamepad missing buttons

agusmba wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Mar 27 11:29:24 CDT 2008

> What are you testing this with? Are you using linux_joystick driver or evdev? (do you have access to /dev/input/event? device for joystick?)

I'm using a vanilla Kubuntu 8.04 (beta), clean installation, installed the fglrx drivers to get HW accel, and got the latest packages from wine for ubuntu 7.10 (0.9.48?).

I don't know which driver I'm using for the gamepad (should I lsmod? I'm kind of a newbie when it comes to debugging these problems).

In kubuntu's systemsettings I can go to joystick/keyboard and my gamepad is detected, I can callibrate it correctly and the buttons seem to work.

When I use ProEvolutionSoccer 6's settings to configure keyboard/gamepads, I can use the pad, the joysticks but the buttons don't get recognized.

I used the registry DirectInput method to get PES6 (in wine) to recognize the pad by using "X,Y,Z,Rx,POV1". I also tried other combinations but I was blindly doing it and I didn't improve anything. Still the buttons are not recognized.

How could I check if I have access to /dev/input/event? (remember part of the gamepad works, I can play using the gamepad's joystick and using the keyboards instead of the gamepad's buttons but it's pretty awkward)

Thanks!!