[Wine] Re: Bryce 5.5 once ran, before v0.9.56 (tested.)

dirkmitt wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Mar 27 15:51:59 CDT 2008

I'm afraid that my Kanotix box is just not strong enough at this point. I installed git and ccache.

But after that, when I just ran the git clone ... command, the data was downloaded, after which git began resolving ~300 000 commits right away, which caused my KGet systray app to crash, after which my whole computer froze. Alt+SysReq+REISUB didn't even work.

And after that, thinking that git might be ready just to fix commits belonging to specific wine versions, I next tried

apt-get build-dep wine wine-dev

But when it told me that it needed to install 43 packages, forget it. Kanotix is Etch but isn't Etch 4.0! And one of the packages it wanted to install, was a whole new version of cpp.

Sorry, you guys are going to have to do this yourselves.

Dirk