[Wine] Re: Bryce 5.5 once ran, before v0.9.56 (Free App source.)

dirkmitt wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Mar 27 19:22:13 CDT 2008

You know, my hardware might be flaky.

This machine is an ancient Pentium-3 at 600MHz, custom-built non-professionally. Now by itself, this should not stop it from recompiling tons of code. And it wouldn't explain the Bryce bug recurring under the exact conditions either. But on the other hand, when I rebuilt certain other large source trees in past months and years, it has happened to me that the machine just froze like that. Maybe the old hardware does have a glitch. Outside of hardware problems, even a huge malfunctioning make job shouldn't halt the system.

Dirk