[Wine] Is Wine taking my donations and giving them to CrossOver?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Mar 27 22:45:16 CDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 7:23 PM, muncrief <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>  I have been contributing to Wine for about five months,
> and was shocked to see a blatant advertisement for CrossOver,
> who take the hard work of those who have contributed their intellect
> for free and sell it for profit, on your home page.

The company is Codeweavers, not crossover (crossover is their product).
And they are singlehandedly responsible for keeping Wine alive
and vibrant for the last six or so years.

So, if you like the Wine project, you should like Codeweavers.
It's that simple.
If they go out of business, Wine is in big trouble, IMHO.
- Dan