[Wine] About WizardPen driver

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri Mar 28 00:23:56 CDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 12:39 PM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 7:40 AM, blender <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>  > I tried Wine 0.9.58 but my pen not work again.
>
>  I finally ordered one of these myself.

Geez, that was fast.  The WP8060 tablet arrived.
Gutsy doesn't come with a driver, so you have to compile
one yourself, how barbaric!  And worse, you have to futz with
xorg.conf!   X just isn't quite polished when it comes to tablets.
After an hour or two, I had it working with the Gimp beautifully,
and was able to reproduce your problem with Wine.
It looks like I'll have to spend some time understanding winex11.drv/wintab.c,
as the few obvious hacks didn't help.
- Dan