[Wine] Re: Media player

miykle wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Mar 28 18:38:18 CDT 2008

G'Day

   David wrote

What are you after a media player inside Wine for? VLC for Windows is
pretty much identical in interface to VLC for Unix - and also does
plugins for Mozilla, don't know about for IE.

 In the first place I need a media player in wine to run an ebook which is part text and part audio, it's meant for windows but I want to run it on Linux, it's much to expensive to buy a different format version, I loaded it but it will not use the audio player native to Linux Ubuntu, when I loaded wmp 10 the path was there but the player wouldn't open, "an internal error occurred" , when you open the program and select a book a small window opens to tell you which audio player is set to run the audio, without a player in wine it tries to open the audio with Adobe, no good, when I had wmp 10 installed the window said it would open the book using wmp 10 BUT the player would not run.

 I'm afraid, due to my ignorance the rest of your post makes no sense to me at all, I'm just not up with all the computer jargon yet.
  What is VLC ??.

Blessings Miykle