[Wine] Dos very old app

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 14:09:25 CDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 11:57 AM, vitamin <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

>  Mark Knecht wrote:
>  > Again, I have VERY little experience in this area under wine but in
>  > Windows this is essentially what you'd be doing.
>
>  Mark, this is not windows. All what you think you know about windows does not apply to Xorg and Wine. Please don't send users on a wild goos chaise if you don't know what you talking about.

Well said vitamin. Since I don't know anything I'll leave everything
to you. As you wish, no more answers from me.

Please note however that I did in fact preface _every_ comment I made
with significant warnings so as to warn him he might indeed be wasting
his time if he did what I said. He's a big boy. I'm sure he
understood.

Additionally, I don't completely trust your analysis here as the other
day we had a problem with a user not seeing videos which I duplicated
both the problem and the solution here. The solution was in fact that
my xorg.conf file didn't have to correct settings so Wine didn't
switch into the right modes at the right scan rates. Once I made those
changes it worked fine. It was a two minute change

Of course, we have seen that you do not give credit to people when
they help out but rather only put them down when they are wrong, which
clearly I was. Sorry.

Over and out. Deal with everyone yourself using only your extreme
depth of knowledge. Sorry to be a bother to you. I will not do that
again.

Cheers,
Mark