[Wine] Re: Ubuntu 7.10 Wine Issue

TheGuyWhoGotOn wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Mar 30 14:05:24 CDT 2008

vitamin wrote:

> TheGuyWhoGotOn wrote:
> > I can install Wine fine but whenever I try to use anything that associates with Wine (Running an exe, changing settings, ext) my computer just locks up forcing me to restart, I can't even move the mouse, and the clock even stops working on my computer.
> >
> > I was wondering what I could do to fix this because I need Wine or I have to use my slow assed Windows computer. Thanks :).
>
> Usually that indicates incorrectly installed or bad video or sound drivers. By definition Wine is a user program and should not lockup/crash your system, unless you are running as root.

Well I used to have Windows on this computer and everything worked fine...Everything works fine except Wine for me so far as well...Ok I'm not sure if Wine is in the root this is all I did:

Code:

wget -q http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt/387EE263.gpg -O- | sudo apt-key add -
sudo wget http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt/sources.list.d/gutsy.list -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq.list
sudo apt-get update