[Wine] Re: Wine fonts messed up

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Mar 30 18:54:12 CDT 2008

vitamin wrote:

> lsearcey wrote:
> > Sorry dimesio I'm very new to Ubuntu how do do all of that?
>
> With text editor.

Vitamin's answer about the text editor refers to his suggestion, not mine. What he means is, open the file ~/.wine/system.reg in a text editor (gedit is one that I think is installed by default with Ubuntu) and look for the entry

> [System\\CurrentControlSet\\Hardware Profiles\\Current\\Software\\Fonts]
> "LogPixels"=dword:00000060

then change the 60 to a 78.

My thinking is that Acrobat installing fonts into ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/fonts may be what is messing up the fonts display in other wine programs. An easy way to check this is to copy the fonts in that directory to another directory (so you can get them back easily), then delete everything from ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/fonts (leave the empty directory intact). Then open winecfg. If the fonts look normal, then that was the problem. If not, then I'm wrong about the cause.