[Wine] Is Wine taking my donations and giving them to CrossOver?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at sprintpcs.com
Sun Mar 30 22:41:38 CDT 2008

David Gerard wrote:
> On 28/03/2008, muncrief <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>

>> Well I must say.
>>  I certainly feel like a fool now.
>>  I have been contributing to Wine for about five months, and was shocked to see a blatant advertisement for CrossOver, who take the hard work of those who have contributed their intellect for free and sell it for profit, on your home page.
>>  I then discovered through your own FAQ that most Wine developers are employed by CrossOver.
>>  Is this legal?
>>

> I vote this thread "troll of the month."
>

> - d.

-1.  The OP had and probably still has a legitimate question about the
use of his monies.  Hopefully the answers given here have changed
his/her mind about donating to Wine and the role Codeweavers plays with
the Wine project.  It certainly has changed mine (I donate time, which
is the same as money.)

James McKenzie