[Wine] Re: Ubuntu 7.10 Wine Issue

TheGuyWhoGotOn wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Mar 31 15:32:18 CDT 2008

austin987 wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 7:31 PM, TheGuyWhoGotOn
> <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>

> > austin987 wrote:

> > > What kind of video card do you have? What does:
> > > $ lspci -v | grep VGA
> > > say?
> > >

> > I will try the Ubuntu support forum if we hit a road block...Ok "lspci -v | grep VGA" returns:
> >
> > 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8378 [S3 UniChrome] Integrated Video (rev 01) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
> >

> Can you try:
> $ rm -rf ~/.wine
> $ winecfg &> winecfg.txt 2>&1
>
> And attach winecfg.txt here
>
> Are you running as root?

I get a blank file every time, and no I do not use the root account, why would I?

@DARKGuy:

Well I can't believe that it would be that bad I've been using this graphics card for a LONG time and have never had OpenGL issues or anything, There should be an easier way.

I know I need a new graphics card though...64mb is what I'm looking at.