[Wine] Re: Gamepad missing buttons

agusmba wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Mar 31 17:29:36 CDT 2008

vitamin wrote:

> Remove those files again. But do not unplug your joystick! BTW that's how you restore those files - by unplugging and plugging it back in.
>
> If it won't work for you then your joystick is misreported by the driver. The event 4 is the SY_MSC which shouldn't be sent for the joystick.

I didn't unplug the joystick before. Will repeat again just in case (after rebooting the pc):

Code:

~$ sudo rm /dev/input/js0
~$ sudo chmod 666 /dev/input/event4

~$ lsmod | grep joy
joydev                 13120  0
~$ lsmod | grep evdev
evdev                  13056 4

~/.wine/drive_c/Archivos de programa/KONAMI/Pro Evolution Soccer 6$ wine settings.exe
fixme:dinput:joy_polldev joystick cannot handle type 4 event (code 4)
fixme:dinput:joy_polldev joystick cannot handle type 4 event (code 4)

there was no /dev/js0

Still the buttons aren't recognized, and the joysticks are not recognized properly.
I'll try now to guess a DirectInput string for the registry see if there's any luck...

Thanks for all the help!