[Wine] Debian updates

Keith Brown spamtrap at hellmark.org
Thu May 1 08:21:45 CDT 2008

> On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 8:08 PM, Paul Johnson <baloo at ursine.ca> wrote:
>> On Tuesday 29 April 2008 11:04:25 pm Jim Hall wrote:
>>> Once again Debian has no updates. Is there any reason for this to
>> happen?
>> I could be wrong, but my understanding is that Ove Kaaven, the Debian
>> maintainer of wine, is a volunteer with a life and a job to attend to, as
>> well as the Debian flightgear/simgear packages to maintain.  Just
>> Debianwise,
>> he has a lot to juggle (since both wine and simgear/flightgear are fairly
>> active), but he is generally fairly timely about keeping it all up to
>> date.
> With all due respect, I understand "volunter", "life", and "job". I was not
> trying to be critical, only seeking an explanation. I'm sure you didn't mean
> that two releases behind was "timely". Having said that, is there something
> I (or anyone) can do to help?

I understand the being busy part too, and so don't blame him or really
can complain much, I just wouldn't say making updates every 3 or 4
versions as timely either (since that is normally how often the debian
Wine packages are updated). Although, right now, 0.9.60 is in the
unstable branch, and 0.9.59 was the version before that, so lately
things are good.