[Wine] Re: Printing to a network printer and installing PPD files

brianH wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu May 1 08:58:22 CDT 2008

I think I am having the same problem.  I use pagemaker 7 also, and I get the error about the ppd file.  But I don't know if that is my real problem.  All of my wine apps can see my CUPS printers, but none of them allow me to change any settings except paper size and portrait/landscape.  This is also true when I use the Linux version of Google Picasa which runs in its own copy of wine.  Native Linux apps allow me to change all my settings on my printer (Epson r280) including paper type and quality.  This is very important when printing photos.

Is this normal?  I am going to try to create multiple copies of my printer in CUPS with different default settings that I commonly use and see If that helps in wine apps.  But it would be nice if I could select these settings directly from the application.