[Wine] Re: Games not loading

mattemod wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri May 2 04:36:51 CDT 2008

Same problem here: i can install games perfectly, i can run Photoshop and other apps perfectly, but i can't start games...

I discovered that the problem is the fglrx driver: i tried the radeonhd one and it works, i can start games!!! But they're unplayable because direct rendering has not been implemented yet, so it's too slow...

I tried OffscreenRenderingMode with "fbo", "pbuffer" and "backbuffer"; i tried to set VideoMemorySize to "512" and "256"; i tried to disable Vertex Shaders and Pixel Shaders; i even tried to set UseGLSL to "disabled"..... all those tries were useless.

Uh, i forgot, i'm using:
- Wine 0.9.60
- Gentoo Linux
- kernel 2.6.24-gentoo-r5
- fglrx 8.473 (Catalyst 8.4)

My video card is a Radeon HD 3870 (512MB).

Is there something i can do to get games working with fglrx drivers?