[Wine] Re: Movie Magic Screenwriter 6 Trial installs, crashes when run

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri May 2 20:05:23 CDT 2008

Dan Kegel wrote:

> But the most important thing you could have searched for was an
> existing bug report.  Turns out there is one!
> - Dan

I should know this, shouldn't I? [Embarassed] As my penance I will personally add it to the AppDB (which I did remember to search).

But I do have a couple of questions. When I ran winetricks to install msxml3 to that wineprefix I got the same error message about the driver that wouldn't load.

> err:winedevice:ServiceMain driver L"TPkd" failed to load

at the beginning, though winetricks then ran and installed msxml3 just fine, and the demo does run now.  I'm wondering why, since I wasn't trying to run the demo at that point. Is it simply because I was installing to that wineprefix?

My second question comes from reading the bug report. I gather that "TPkd" is related to a heavy-duty copy protection system that Wine (probably) can't handle. I'm inferring from

> At least the demo can be used without the driver

that there's a pretty good chance that the full version of this program won't work in Wine. Is that correct? Because if it is, I want to include a warning to that effect in the AppDB (and not purchase the full version myself).