[Wine] Re: Low Quality Sound and Video settings in TF2

Sleaka J wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat May 3 12:26:19 CDT 2008

vitamin wrote:
> Have you set amount of memory your video card has? If not set:
>
> Code:
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Direct3D]
> VideoMemorySize
>

> To the size of your video memory in megabytes.

Didn't have that, But tried that and set the amount to 256 (which is what my video card has) went into the game, set the Texture Detail to "Very High", started a game, saw that the detail was "Very High", quit TF2, went back in and Texture Detail was set back at "Low" (which is the recommended value).

vitamin wrote:
> Did you kill pulseaudio before running Wine? It conflicts with Wine.

Killed the process, but it didn't make any difference to the sound quality.