[Wine] Re: Unreal Media Server - no way to run in Linux

Timeout wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat May 3 14:12:33 CDT 2008

vitamin wrote:

> From wineserver. No, only remaining services & drivers without any real program running will be killed.

This is however not a typical behavior from Windows.

If you take the flexnet licensing server on Windows as service, it's running all the time, whether you are using it or not/using a software or not. It's here to check if the same license is used on the server so it gets pinged once the software opens and probably notices its closing.

When I go to the licensing tool of the license server using Wine to check for the status of the server, I get the message that it had been killed immediately after the confirmation that a license exists. If the service gets killed once the license is confirmed, the software does not remember that a license is active and the software immediately goes in demo mode after the confirmation.