[Wine] preloader: Warning: failed to reserve range 00000000-6000000

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+win at mega-nerd.com
Sun May 4 02:32:40 CDT 2008

chourmovs wrote:

> I've got several "failed to reserve range" each time i launch an
> exe  but in my case it concerns "00000000-00010000" range, every time.

The range is irrelevant, on the starting address (00000000) is
relevant.

> It's exactly the same problem ?

Yes. Read the explanation:

    http://wiki.winehq.org/PreloaderPageZeroProblem

> I'm on kubuntu hardy for info and it still appears with wine 0.9.61 since 0.9.59

It has nothing to do with which particular vesion of Wine you're
using and everything to do with a fix for a certain local root
exploit that was added to recent Linux kernels.

Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo