[Wine] Re: Trouble loading TVersity service

Zoso wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon May 5 10:26:24 CDT 2008

I tried reinstalling the program with Notepad open to ensure that services.exe and winserver were running and this is what I'm receiving if I try to start the service:

andy at Zoso:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/TVersity/Media Server$ wine MediaServer.exe -start
fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on MPU-401 UART, disabling mixer
Starting TVersity Media Server...
Unable to start TVersity Media Server - Service already running (0x420).

The software still cannot find the service running even though it appears to be running.  If I try to stop it:

andy at Zoso:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/TVersity/Media Server$ wine MediaServer.exe -stop
fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on MPU-401 UART, disabling mixer
Stopping TVersity Media Server...
Unable to stop TVersity Media Server - Service request timeout (0x41d).

I'm not sure if this is progress or not.....

Andy