[Wine] Wine and Dual core CPU

Dean Hamstead dean at fragfest.com.au
Mon May 5 17:20:31 CDT 2008

wow may not be using 2 cores in windows, it just may look like it as
windows will flip processes between the cores (giving the illusion of a
program using more than one core) - linux will tend to keep them on one core

you can try changing your scheduler and see if you can squeeze more
performance out. tweaking settings in the video drivers will also give
performance increases, not to mention 'nice' can help smooth things when
used with care.

Dean

--
http://fragfest.com.au