[Wine] Wine on Counter Strike: Source

veko wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue May 6 13:14:21 CDT 2008

I've been at this for 2 months now, and I just cant get Counter Strike to work on my setup. I have Ubuntu 7.10 64 bit edition, an x1900xt video card with the latest drivers, and wine 0.9.58 (The last known version of wine compatible with Counter Strike Source). My drivers are installed correctly, and I've successfully installed Steam, and even Counter Strike 1.6, which works fine.

When I start up Counter Strike: Source, my screen resolution gets very small, to something liek 300x400 resolution, and my monitor has a warning that says "Out of range". Counter Strike then crashes on the main screen.

I've tried running it windowed, with different compatibility options in WineCFG, including sound and operating system, and no matter what I do, it just wont work. I've seen other people that can get it working fine, but it just wont work for me. Guild Wars also does the same thing. Am I doing something wrong?