[Wine] Re: uninstalling old wine

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue May 6 20:32:48 CDT 2008

Trevorofmolino wrote:
> I ran rm -rf~/.wine and it went through the uninstall procedure. then I did wine --version and it showed wine-0.9.56

Wine keeps it's "configuration" in ~/.wine directory not itself. That "configuration" being registry and "fake c: drive". So you did not really uninstalled Wine. You removed it's configuration and all windows programs that you installed under Wine.

To uninstall - see what Dan said. The only thing I can add is for rpm based distros that command would be 'rpm -e wine'