[Wine] Re: Getting gamepad to work, detection problems.

gnivler wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed May 7 22:46:16 CDT 2008

vitamin wrote:
> Wrong. WINEDEBUG is an environment variable. You still have to use "wine" after it. Read closer what I've said above.

Thanks for replying!  I ran (then exited the game):

Code:
WINEDEBUG=+dinput wine e:\\games\\guitar\ hero\ iii\\gh3.exe 2>&1 | grep find_joydevs

No output that I can see from that command.  I read your posts above several times over trying to find anything I missed.

vitamin wrote:
> So what part did not work?

The controller does not respond in game.  The chmod changed the permissions though.

vitamin wrote:
> You did not say what you want to do. So far you described what you did (which was all wrong). But not a single sentence stated what you need or what exactly doesn't work?

I want to make my controller work with Guitar Hero 3 which seems to be working with Wine.

Let me know what other information I can provide to help.

thanks again