[Wine] TrackMania Nations forever - Problem

Paul Johnson baloo at ursine.ca
Thu May 8 16:47:28 CDT 2008

On Thursday 08 May 2008 01:33:40 pm Synchron wrote:
> Hi,
>
> my english is not the best, but ill try.
>
> I copied an installed version of TrackmaniaNationsForever from a windows
> system to my opensuse. Then i copied the d3dx9_30.dll in the directory of
> the game.

You can't just copy a Windows game over and expect it to work in Wine any more
than you would to another Windows system.  You need to install it.

> Wine starts the game, but in the moment when i choose the profile the game
> get closed. no error, nothing.

I've noticed the same thing installing it from Steam.  I'm only kind of
interested in it because I noticed someone on the Steam on Linux group
playing it and discovered it was a no-cost item on Steam and installed it.
Discovered it didn't work, and decided to just go back to TF2 for now... :o)

--
Paul Johnson
baloo at ursine.ca

Explaination of .pgp part: http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Mail/rant-gpg.html