[Wine] archive file attribute

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri May 9 03:53:28 CDT 2008

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 10:31 PM, Daniel <daniel at connect2.com> wrote:
> I am trying to use cabarc to create a cabinet file, but it is very important
> that the files added to the cabinet not have the archive attribute set.  It
> seems that all files appear to have the archive flag set in wine, is it
> possible to turn off the archive flag?

Uh-oh.  Right now Wine always sets it. see
http://source.winehq.org/source/dlls/ntdll/directory.c#L948
If you can compile wine, you can comment that line out,
might do what you want.

Why is it important to not have the archive attribute set?

Perhaps Wine could have a winecfg option to not set it,
or to check an extended attribute
( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extended_file_attributes )...
- Dan