[Wine] Re: winetricks vcrun2005 does not appear to install DLLs

gnivler wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri May 9 06:14:47 CDT 2008

Dan Kegel wrote:
> On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 3:42 AM, gnivler <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>
> > Thanks again, that did the trick.  I signed up with the AppDB and submitted some testing information
> >

> Great.  So, just to check, if you then do
> $ rm .wine/drive_c/windows/system32/*80*dll
> does the game refuse to run?

Much to my surprise, the game still runs with them removed.  So I could retrieve them quickly I just moved instead of rm, and put all of these files outside of system32/

ATL80.dll     mfc80.dll     mfc80ITA.dll  mfcm80.dll   msvcr80.dll
mfc80CHS.dll  mfc80ENU.dll  mfc80JPN.dll  mfcm80u.dll
mfc80CHT.dll  mfc80ESP.dll  mfc80KOR.dll  msvcm80.dll
mfc80DEU.dll  mfc80FRA.dll  mfc80u.dll    msvcp80.dll

Maybe this will make sense after I get some sleep (bedtime), right now it seems like the game wouldn't run for lack of a requirement, that once installed is no longer a requirement.