[Wine] Re: Low Quality Sound and Video settings in TF2

Sleaka J wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri May 9 12:18:02 CDT 2008

Ok, I'm now in a worse position than before.

I completely reinstalled Ubuntu 8.04, Envy and Wine (started off as 0.9.59, but upgraded to 0.9.61). Using the 169.12 nVidia drivers again. I've disabled Desktop Effects.

Now every time I start Team Fortress 2, after the Valve and Source movie logo show, I just get a black screen. No sound, the game doesn't even load, no mouse movement, alt-tab just gives me Steam or TF2 of which neither work and won't switch. The only thing I can do is Ctrl-Alt-Backspace to restart X.