[Wine] Re: Low Quality Sound and Video settings in TF2

Sleaka J wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri May 9 12:41:41 CDT 2008

vitamin wrote:

> Have you followed the HOWTO for installing Steam? Did you killed pulseaudio before starting Wine? Have you disabled "in-game steam community"?

Yes, Steam works as well as it does under Wine.
Yes, I kill the pulseaudio process everytime I restart the X server.
Yes, In-Game Community Overlay is disabled.
I've been to the AppDB many times. I'm well aware of the issues.

While I've got it working in a window, the low sound quality is still around. It sounds normal when I start the game, even the clicking sounds when the mouse moves over the menu items. The sound quality decreases every time I join a server or create my own. If I go to the options and change the sound from "2 Speakers" to "Headphones" it remains at high quality until either a map change or I join/create a new server.