[Wine] Re: Eve online and wine.

munky99999 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri May 9 14:36:59 CDT 2008

Syylk wrote:
> Restricted flgrx drivers installed and working, right?
>
> Performance of glxgears?

Code:
:~$ glxinfo
name of display: :0.0
display: :0  screen: 0
direct rendering: Yes
server glx vendor string: SGI
server glx version string: 1.2
server glx extensions:

Code:
:~$ fglrxinfo
display: :0.0  screen: 0
OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.
OpenGL renderer string: Radeon X1300/X1550 Series
OpenGL version string: 2.1.7412 Release

> While making sure that games work with wine is good, are you aware that
> Eve has a client released for linux?

Yes and it's buggy. ATI cards arent supported.

> It uses cedega under the hood, so its not really native at all, but if
> you are just looking to play the game, it might suit you better.

It doesn't. Though I'm trying to get the bug report to get them to fix the main bug without telling them my gfx card.