[Wine] Re: winetricks vcrun2005 does not appear to install DLLs

gnivler wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri May 9 16:12:06 CDT 2008

Dan Kegel wrote:
> On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 4:14 AM, gnivler <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>

> > > Great.  So, just to check, if you then do
> > > $ rm .wine/drive_c/windows/system32/*80*dll
> > > does the game refuse to run?
> > >

> > Much to my surprise, the game still runs with them removed.
> >

> Final experiment: see if
> rm -rf .wine
> sh winetricks vcrun2005sp1
> (install the game)
> makes the game work.  I'm not sure you tried that exact combination.

Should I be downloading a new winetricks for this experiment (still have original one), or specifying win2k vcrun2005sp1?  As it stands when I run that exact command it does what it was doing before and not putting dlls into system32.  I've installed the game successfully again - incidentally it comes packaged with vcredist_x86.exe but if it's running, it's silent as I'm not even seeing a window pop up briefly.  winver has been winxp through this test.  Looks like the same output as before using winetricks win2k vcrun2005 (ditto sp1).

mason at mason-desktop:~/c/Program Files/Aspyr/Guitar Hero III$ cd
mason at mason-desktop:~$ rm -rf .wine
mason at mason-desktop:~$ sh winetricks vcrun2005sp1
Could not load Mozilla. HTML rendering will be disabled.
wine: configuration in '/home/mason/.wine' has been updated.
Could not load Mozilla. HTML rendering will be disabled.
wine: configuration in '/home/mason/.wine' has been updated.
Executing wine /home/mason/.winetrickscache/vcrun2005sp1/vcredist_x86.exe
fixme:advapi:DecryptFileA "C:\\windows\\temp\\IXP000.TMP\\" 00000000
fixme:advapi:DecryptFileA "C:\\windows\\temp\\IXP001.TMP\\" 00000000
fixme:advapi:LookupAccountNameW (null) L"mason" (nil) 0x33f7fc (nil) 0x33f800 0x33f7f4 - stub
fixme:advapi:LookupAccountNameW (null) L"mason" 0x12edb8 0x33f7fc 0x133be0 0x33f800 0x33f7f4 - stub
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"SetODBCFolders"
fixme:msi:msi_unimplemented_action_stub RemoveExistingProducts -> 1 ignored L"Upgrade" table values
fixme:msi:msi_unimplemented_action_stub MsiUnpublishAssemblies -> 10 ignored L"MsiAssembly" table values
err:msi:ITERATE_PublishAssembly Component not set for install, not publishing assembly
err:msi:ITERATE_PublishAssembly Component not set for install, not publishing assembly
err:msi:ITERATE_PublishAssembly Component not set for install, not publishing assembly
err:msi:ITERATE_PublishAssembly Component not set for install, not publishing assembly
err:msi:ITERATE_PublishAssembly Component not set for install, not publishing assembly
err:msi:ITERATE_PublishAssembly Component not set for install, not publishing assembly
err:msi:ITERATE_PublishAssembly Component not set for install, not publishing assembly
err:msi:ITERATE_PublishAssembly Component not set for install, not publishing assembly
err:msi:ITERATE_PublishAssembly Component not set for install, not publishing assembly
err:msi:ITERATE_PublishAssembly Component not set for install, not publishing assembly
Install of vcrun2005sp1 done
winetricks done.
mason at mason-desktop:~$ ll c/windows/system32/msvc*
-rw-r--r-- 1 mason mason 2456 2008-05-09 14:57 c/windows/system32/msvcrt.dll

(game install)

mason at mason-desktop:~/c/Program Files/Aspyr/Guitar Hero III$ wine GH3.exe
fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC80.CRT"
fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC80.CRT"
err:module:import_dll Library MSVCR80.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Aspyr\\Guitar Hero III\\fmodex.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library fmodex.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Aspyr\\Guitar Hero III\\GH3.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP80.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Aspyr\\Guitar Hero III\\GH3.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library MSVCR80.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Aspyr\\Guitar Hero III\\GH3.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\Aspyr\\Guitar Hero III\\GH3.exe" failed, status c0000135

Thanks again :)