[Wine] Killed compiz & pulseaudio. What else might cause problems?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sat May 10 02:51:28 CDT 2008

2008/5/10 DRNewcomb <wineforum-user at winehq.org>:
> I was reading some recent posts and noticed our esteemed moderator suggested that compiz and pulseaudio might interfere with the proper running of wine, so I killed them. RIP. Are there any other common Linux daemons that might be running in the background interfering with wine or applications running under wine?
>
> I did some searching and did not find a discussion about this particular topic.

I suggest that you take a look at what services are running, research
what they do, and kill them if you don't need them. HAL is one that
comes to mind, if you don't need auto mount, SSH is another if you
don't log in remotely. Not every service will help specifically with
wine, but cutting down on the ones you don't need will make your whole
system more responsive, more stable, and in many cases more secure.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.