[Wine] Re: Guild Wars Won't Even Get to Login Screen

gnivler wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun May 11 01:10:23 CDT 2008

I think you know more about what you're doing than I do, but I'll give it a shot.

> [aaron at MyRoom ~]$ wine explorer /desktop=name,800x600 "C:\Program Files\Guild Wars\Gw.exe" -windowed -noshaders -nosound

The -no switches are new to me (alot is), they are wine switches?  I was using the winecfg dialog to set those options, pixel shaders, sound, and desktop size.  Also I notice you are calling the .exe with a path.  It's probably equivalent if so, but have you tried winecfg with your desired setup then just wine.exe Gw.exe?  Also since 1.0rc1 was released you could try upgrading, but if it was platinum with 0.9.61 it's probably not the cleanest answer.  I can't make heads or tails of the wine output really.

This is the AppDB entry for the game in case you can find anything useful in it and hadn't checked already:
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=2243

Good luck