[Wine] Performance issue-Wine 0.9.60 under Solaris

jgd wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun May 11 12:37:00 CDT 2008

I have tested Wine under Solaris 10u4, Solaris 10u5, and OpenSolaris 2008.05, and all three exhibit this same issue.

exactly every two seconds there is a slight pause or 'hitch' in graphics output.  It is mostly noticable (and crippling) in games.  Raising process priority with nice helps but does not completely alleviate it.  It is worse in some games than others, I haven't had time to install something highly intensive like WoW or HL2 to test it with an openGL game, but my understanding is that WINE uses OpenGL for output in any case?

It's especially noticable with dxdiag Direct3D tests - the cube pauses every other second.

Native OpenGL apps run fine.

I'm using Solaris bundled NVIDIA drivers, and this problem occurs on a clean X server running nothing but an XTerm (no window manager, no desktop environment).