[Wine] Re: GTA:SA+ WIne-RC1 + Ubuntu 8.04[64bit] -> Unhdl. exce.

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun May 11 14:31:48 CDT 2008

dimesio wrote:

> > Thing we can figure out browsing your application database is that lot of major games are for the better at bronze state of emulation, and people are quickly discouraged to get their favorite game emulated so we can read in lot of forums " We can't play recent game on Linux and we never will"
>

> According to the main page of the AppDB, nine of the top ten platinum apps and nine of the top ten gold apps are games. My first impression of Wine, in fact, was that it was mainly aimed at gamers.

Well some one wants to think that other people using Wine now. Well they don't. If a business related app does not work in Wine, no one wastes time on it. Thy just use windows. As simple as that. Because there are lots of apps they depend upon. Not just office.

The few "special" apps like Photoshop are exceptions. Most users of those apps don't need windows for nothing else. So if their "golden" application works on Linux - that's all they ever need.

And gamers ... well they can accept "half working" game. Slower, with graphical issues, bad sound, etc. Because those are just that ... games. Oh and they all tired of fighting windows to keep their games running. As they have pretty much same issues there as well.