[Wine] Re: Code freeze, or catching up with new features

oiaohm wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun May 11 18:05:11 CDT 2008

Ok I will be a little more open on what to expect.

Normal wine development is a mix of adding new features and regressions.

Code freeze means regressions are being targeted.

So this is great for people who applications did work and don't now.  Yet 100 percent useless for those who programs need new features to work.

Thing to expect from the code frease some applications that were plat a few versions back return to being plat again.   Lot of niggling internal bugs to disappear.

What not to expect tested applications that have never run in wine just to start working unless by extream luck that they were effected by those niggling bugs.

There are going to be a few surprises of course.

Really I would love to see a code freeze every 6 months just to mop out out standing regressions.   So that once applications get to plat they stay that way.